Price: 50 ml for 250 INR and also the pump one which comes for 30ml at 350INR
|Click on the image to see bigger impression|
What I found:
Like you, I as confused why 50 ml comes at 250 INR and 30ml at 350 INR. At first I thought the 30 ml one might be a gel one or something. But no. Its the same. So I asked the company and they say that since the 30 ml one comes in a pump bottle, its more expensive.
Its a thick lotion which is hard to blend and would leave a whitish cast if not blended properly. Even after blending, at first it looks a bit whitish but after a while the cast goes away Although its meant for dry to normal skin, it best suited my oily skin and I'm sure dry skinned ladies would definitely hate it
1) It suited my oily skin perfectly. My skin tends to become shiny within an hour or so, but this kept my skin oil-free throughout the day ( after being topped off with a loose powder), where as no amount of powder or anything would prevent the greasiness for more than an hour or so.
2) It REALLY protected my photo sensitive skin. The pigmentation appeared lighter after a week or so use although it did not get cured. Once I stopped using this one, it returned. So, yes, it prevents pigmentation from sun.
3) It really prevented my skin from getting tanned. I know European readers would find this puzzling, but Indian skin, contrary to popular belief that dark skin does not burn, burns very easily and becomes dull and ashy instead of the honey bronze of the Caucasian skins.
4) It stayed out throughout the day and did not wear off.
5) I had been in the shower. Unless you clean it with face wash ( a nice lathering one) or a cleanser, it does not go away completely. So, in a way, excessive sweating did not wash it out although it does not claim to be water resistant or sweat-proof.
More over, I'm in the habit of constantly rubbing my skin with my handkerchief.
1) Although meant for dry skin, it does suits oily skin the best. The other variants i.e. the ones with lower SPFs are meant for oily skin which did not work that great for me. What would oily skinned women like me who have photo-sensitive skin and cannot make do with lower SPFs do?
2) Its difficult to blend. If not blended properly, you would end up looking like a ghost
3) I think dark skinned girls wont like it, because the cast might look obvious
4) I think its pricey. My sunscreen form chemists is highly effective, with high SPF PA +++ and yet the quanity is way much greater and the price almost the same as this one.
5) 100 Rs for a pump added to half the quanity of the product!!! EH!!! What logic is this? A 10 or 20 rupees, maximum 50 Rupees would be fine but 100!!!
I calculated, the price and quantity variation to give you this difference:
Tube Rupees 5 per 1 ml while the bottle more thn Rupees 11 per 1 ml
No way I'm 'buying' the bottle.
|Look at the white cast|
|After a while the cast is gone|
Overall: I am happy with this product .
Do I recommend? Yes. After long time, Lakme has come up with a good skin care product
Shall I repurchase? Yes. This is now one of my favorite skin care product and I carry it everywhere I go
Have you used this ? How did you like it? Which one would you buy-- the tube or the bottle? Let me know
For those who have not entered my giveaway do so because there are only two more days to go and also help me spread the message. Click here to enter