Honestly, I'm much of a perfume person and I'm not a big fan of deos. Mostly because I dont have major body odor issues, second, I love to smell good throughout the day.
Frankly I have heard much about Yardley, but I would have never tried them unless given this opportunity to review chiefly because I don't buy much deo. But after trying this on, well I'm impressed.
A closer look
Price and Quantity: 150 INR for 150 ml ( I dont find this expensive)
What the company claims?
Frankly I did not know Yardley is this old ( almost 200 years) which made me think about it. Well, although royal claims do not impress democratic people like me, still it made me take a second look at this because a brand cannot exist for 200 years or with a kind of royal tag unless it lives upto its claim. I used it for sometime to find more about it , and although I'm not a big fan of floral scents , here are my thoughts;
Its hard to describe a smell and we still dont have the option on blogger so that I can swatch a smell. :P
The English Rose smells like English Rose with a musky note and Lavender like lavender ( I dont know how to put it :P)
1) The scents are intense and deep, not overwhelming. I hate overwhelming scents as they always remind me of cheap perfume. I don't mean cheap in terms of price, but in terms of taste, like those people without any taste who would bathe in a pool of strong perfume ( I dont intend to be mean although I know I sound so. Actually this is one of my pet peeves).
2) Although the scents are floral, I found them a kind of sweet and musky which I liked.
3) Although the scent was gone after about 2 hours, there was a lingering smell on my body for hours after ( I'm sure your spouses would love that :P)
4) Decently priced and a good quanity.
5) The packaging looks classy.
6) The nozzle neck is sealed. Tamper-poof package ensures no use at shop level.
1) It contains alcohol which might be too string for sensitive skin.
Overall, I'm quite liking the deos.
Shall I repurchase? Yes.Although not a deo addicts as I told you and not a big fan of floral scents, this product and the scents have impressed me. I would definitely like to try out the other variants as well.
Have you tried these products? What did you think of it?
Product sent to me by the PR/Company. But this has not affected my review