Price and Quantity: 225 INR for 100 ml
what the company claims:
Click on the following picture
For complete list, click on the image to enlarge
I was apprehensive of Lotus, because my previous experience had not been good . I know people raved about it, but Lotus products had reacted on my skin. It would turn dark at the contact.
This time, on receiving it, I still decided to give this a go!! and Look at the photo below to learn my reaction
This is a light lotion that instantly hydrates the skin, leaving it soothed and moisturized. many have compared it to Lacto Calamine. I do use Lacto Calamine, but I can say apart from the color its nothing like it. While Lacto Calamine feels dry and like some powder suspended in liquid, this is a complete smooth runny lotion. I use it after I have spent the day in the sun and I am looking for something that would soothe my sun scorched skin and let it relax, hydrating and nourishing it.
Now, my likes:
1) It is a light moisturizing lotion that suits my oily skin well.
2) It has SPF 15 which is good because for normal people, you can get away with SPF 15, and at least some sun protection is better than no protection at all
3) It hydrates and nourished my skin, My skin actually feels healthier.
4) My skin looks instantly brighter
5) Comes in a pump bottle. So, very hygienic.
6) The pump is not llose enough to mess up while traveling. So, can be carried around
7) Dispenses just a drop, enough for my face.
8) 2 drops are enough for my face and neck. I have finished only half of the bottle with more than two months or regular use.
1) It has no PA which protects the skin from UVA rays. So, not a 'sunscreen' for photosensitive skin like me.
2) It makes my skin oily after an hour or so.
3) The pump doesn't have a cap. It did have a kind of lock at the neck, but I threw it away because I did not know it. Moreover, the lock was not attached to it, so its very easy to lose. Initially, the pump was so tight that I have to close my hand around the pore so that the lotion land on my hands only and not on every else in my room.
4) Not the sunscreen for my akin. my pigmented patches deepened when I tried wearing this as a sunscreen.
5) I did not see that any help with rashes.
6) Would leave whitish/pinkish cast on very dark skin ( happened to one of my friends who tried it). On my skin, nothing is visible though ( I am medium/wheatish skin)
In case you have been wondering, no, this is NOT a tinted moisturizer
Verdict: Its a good moisturizer with nourishing properties. Dry skinned people might not find it moisturizing enough, but I think it would still hydrate their skin. If you have dry skin and have used this, I would be more than glad to have your feedback.
In fact I got so obsessed that not finding Kolkata in the list they provided, i got paranoid and asked my bf to get two bottles of it from Mumbai as a back up. Don't call me insane. I swear I tend to get a bit crazy, but not this time.
Do I recommend? Yes! Of course!!
Have you used this? How did you like it?
PS: I located this at a parlor near Hazra in Kolkata and I have been having restful sleep since then
One of the three bottles was sent to me by the PR. But, as you can definitely see, it had not altered my opinion