I have never been a manicure girl. The chief reason, during my school days I could not wear them and later, I find nail paints are difficult to maintain and I hate chipped nail polish. but recently, since in my opinion, my makeup stash is overflowing, I turned to nail paints. Remember the little Colorbar Haul I had made ages ago? recently, I got time enough to wear the pastel blue from that purchase. Well, I never wore a Color like this, usually because I feel I'm too old to wear this kind of color. You can suggest me if it's ok. This is the first time I wore a Colorbar Nail paint and here is my opinion
The shade is Blue Lagoon. I actually fell in love with the name.
Ok, these days I'm lazy to watermark my image, but thieves, don't steal this, I would find out.
Price and Quantity: 150 INR for 9ml
I am not really good at wearing nail paints, so whatever quality nail paint I use, it goes over streaky. This time, it was no exception. I wore the first coat and it looked uneven and streaky. The color looked translucent. I wore a second coat, it looked better, but still I was not happy with the opacity. After it dired, I out on a third coat and this time I was happy or rather happier.
|Colorbar Blue lagoon|
So, what I liked:
1) The bottle looks quite good and classy. the brush that comes is not bad.
2) The color range is amazing. I so fell in pastel shades from this range.
3) Most importantly, it dries pretty fast, although I don't remember any such claims.
4) it has started chipping only from the fourth day.
Well, these are enough reasons to call this a good nail paint.
What I disliked:
1) Whereas most brands come at a low price, I don't see the point in spending 150 INR for a nail paint and that too, for the same quantity.. IMO, it's pricier than average brands.
2) I am not happy with the opacity. You need several coats to get the effect of the color in the bottle.
3) The should have been a bit superior.
What do you think about these? Do you have any shade from this brand?