Yes, in case you have been wondering, Maybelline Shinesensational Lipglosses have been relaunched in a new avatar in India and are called Fruit Jelly glosses.
When I saw on almost every blog this product, I kept on staring at it. I'm on no makeup purchasing phase, still, like anorexics tend to binge, I satiate my enormous greed of makeup by buying myself a little of this and that and these days, by mostly accompanying my friends to shop makeup and give my wise owl advice.
So, I got myself this... yes, it needs not be told ..LOL
I would keep this review short and simple.
Price and quantity: 10ml ( I guess) for 150 INR
Available shades: 8 more. Wait, I'll swatch them soon ( hopefully).
What the brand claims?
The Maybelline Fruity Jelly Lip Color - A tasty new sensation in shine. Lasting color meets lasting shine in a range of juicy flavors. Go Glassy!
Why You'll love it
- Unmatched glossy shine that lasts through the day
- Eight delicious shades and flavours
- Non sticky nature
- Superior spreadability
Start with the center of your lower lip and glide gently towards the outer edges. Follow the same technique for your upper lip.Composition:
What I say about it?
Thumbs up because
1) It's cheap.
2) It comes in an easy to carry around tube.
3) Looks yummiliciusly yummy.
4) Lots of shades to choose from.
5) Keeps my lips really soft.
6) It's non sticky. I don't understand why some described it as sticky, but I really found it comfortable to wear. I would describe it as something close to Nivea Lipgloss. ( read my review here). It's kind of oily, non sticky, lip balmish kind of gloss.
7) Stays on my lips for quite sometime. But nothing remarkable though
8) Smells very good . Mine smells like cherries in a black forest pastry.
9) Spreads on the lips very glibly.
Thumbs down to
1) The color does not show up at all. I would have invested in lip balms instead. I don't understand, if it has no hint of color at all, what's the point of wearing it? May be, as of now, I'll wear it and give it my benefit of doubt.
Do I recommend? I'm kind of in dilemma. While I love everything about it, I don't like the fact that it has no color at all.
Shall I repurchase? One is enough for me. But well, no.
overall: It's a good lip gloss, but the only way it could have been a total winner for me, had it possessed a bit of color. See, I am really in love with this... but... *sigh*
Now, my weird lips
So, what do you think of this? hit or miss?
By the way, some of you may have noticed, while some of you may not, since I did not exactly announce that I have launched my page on Facebook. It would be nice if you could 'like' my page as well. it takes nothing, only clicking here and then signing in and then just 'like'-ing it. :)