I have been seeing NYX round lipsticks on the net and learning about their texture and the range of colors I was almost losing my sleep over them. I so badly wanted to get a few of the NYX Round Lipsticks. But I did not want to spend a lot, I mean I did not want to spend 400 INR on lipsticks that are sold half the price around.
Observing me maniac condition, my cousin's friend who is also my friend, Sayan, offered me to get hold of a few from Muscat. OMG, he took so much of pain to drive around searching for my list. But a sale was going on, so, the lippies were all the more difficult to come by. At last, he got to lay his hands on two of these and here they are... my beauties
What are these beauties made of?
Sugar and spice.. all that are nice.... hehehe.. just kidding. I'm in an euphoric state
Now, I would have loved to get hold of brighter colors, but these colors are very unique. because not in everyday brands did I ever find these shades.
These lipsticks were sold at around 200INR in Indian currency in Muscat. In the US you can find these at lower price and more lower on websites that sell these.
Margarita is a pink with fuchsia tones and orange undertones with very finely milled shimmer which imparts a mild sheen.
Indian pink is a warm pink with golden hints.
In both the lipsticks, the shimmers don't show up at all and goe away as the color fades.
One thing I noticed, each lipstick has a same color faux cap of the product color at it's bottom which makes the lipsticks easier to find when in a hurry.
|L: Margarita R: Indian Pink|
Coming to the likes and dislikes:
- These are actually so cheap! The quantity is standard.
- They are soo creamy! They would just glide on my lips giving a beautifully moist feel.
- They make my lips so soft. Actually, they would even remove dead flakes if you have any, when you are taking them off.
- They are so light on the lips. I put on and tend to forget I am wearing any lipstick at all.
- the shades I got are very unusual and bang on! Both of these suit me so well. They are bright, brightens up my face, yet I would classify them on the nuder side.
- Amazingly pigmented. One swipe and it should be good for even pigmented lips.
- The packing with the faux cap of same color as the lippie colors are a hit with me.
- They smell good, but nothing overwhelming.
- Stays on for a long time, but sans eating or heavy meals.
- the packing is flimsy. For the price and quality, can't complain.
- It is so difficult to find these in the Indian market. In India, these $4 lippies ( moreover,which you can mostly find on discounts) meaning which should cost 200INR or perhaps 100 INR, costs around 400 INR or may be more !! I kind of hate to shell out that much knowing these are actually cheaper.
- Heard they tend to melt in Indian summer. So, I don't know what would happen to these in summer and I'm sure I won't be able to use them up either. I would hate to say RIP to these
|L: Indian Pink R: Margarita|
These are only one gentle swipes.
The colors are so peculiar that they are hard to capture with my cam at least
Do I recommend? Yes! I very much do!!
Shall I repurchase? I am watching out for my friends who are coming back from US etc. :)
What's your thought? how do you like this?