December is the time for party. Although the cold is sucking the colors out of our face, never the less, we love to blush. At least I love to blush no matter what. But what do we, ladies with problem skin do? We turn to mineral makeup. I got to try the Lumiere bronzing blush which turned out perfect this winter and I immediately fell in love with it. the name is especially more attractive to me. My shade is called Indian Red and comes at $12 for 4 grams.
I was at first scared to put it on as it's from the red family and I am not too comfortable with the shade on my cheeks. moreover, the mention of 'bronzing' made me think that there would be glitters.
Nah, I was wrong. In stead of the chunky glitters all it had was finely milled shimmers which are not visible that much even on close inspection and add only sheen to your skin.
Bronzers/Blushing Bronzers:premium grade serecite (colorless mica), boron nitride, zinc oxide, mica, avena sativa, titanium dioxide,iron oxide,tocopherol (vitamin e) may contain : carmine, tin oxide, calcium aluminum borosilicate
Indian Red is a stunning deeper pigmented red with a muted brown undertone. I would compare it to our hibiscus but deeper with a slight sheen.
Ideal for Light Medium to Deep skin.
The blush actually looks like the color on the cheek of this model I saw in Femina. :P
- You need very very little as these are highly pigmented. Only a wee pinch is needed for both the cheeks unless you are planning to do a stage show.
- It's mineral. So, it's supposed to be skin friendly. It did not break out my skin FYI
- The shimmers are finely milled and almost invisible . Yet, they do the job nicely.
- A little goes a long way.
- has no scent. So, those of you who are blessed with string olfactories, would like it.
- Comes in a number of shades
- Available only online.
- The staying power could a bit better.
|Note the fine shimmer|
overall it's a nice blush to wear. Although this particular color might not be one to wear everywhere, there are so many shades available which are worth checking. So, do check it out for once.
The product was sent to me by the PR for consideration. But that has not affected my review