Vega Professional eye makeup brushes PB-14 and PB 15
I have been using Vega eyebrushes for a while now and it's time to review my PB14 and PB 15 brush.When I started paying with eyemakeup, eye brushes were the things I lacked the most. Moreover, in Indian market, we don;t have that many makeup brush brands, leave out the special brushes. recently Vega launched their professional brushes and I have been trying to get hold of those ever since they were launched.
PB 14 is a pencil brush and PB15 is a fluffy dome shaped brush. I had no expectation from them when I bought it. Even now, I would not say that they are the best of the brushes, but if you are looking for standard makeup brushes at cheap price, I would say this is your thing.
The brushes have long handle and are longer than average Vega brushes. The bristles are packed properly and the finishing is nice and can be compared to real good brushes.
PB14 (price: 325 INR): It is the pencil brush . My most sought after brush. The bristles are really dense and picks up the right quantity of powder. The bristles are not scratchy at all.
This brush can be used to diffuse the liner too.It's ideal place shadows neatly at the corners, blending them inward and packing the colors in the crease.
PB15:( Price 275 INR) This is the dome shaped brush. it is quite large and helps to blend the stiff edges of the shadows like dream. I use to blend my outer V and also blend the seams of the shadows. it does a wonderful job there. You can also use it on it own if you want to apply a wash of color to your lids.
See the long handle. To give you an idea, I clicked it with the regular Vega eye-shadow brush
What I liked:
- Good quality brushes for the price paid. Moreover, at violetbag.com you can find these on much discount.
- The bristles are nice. Bu this I mean, they are like what they should be, the pencil brush is dense and the fluffy brush is well... fluffy.
- The handles are good quality and have the get up and feel of good brushes.
- No shedding. Honestly, my first Vega brushes which I bought almost ummm... 6 years ago are almost as good as new even with regular use and washing.
- The handle is too long for me comfort. it also makes it difficult to store in your regular handy brush holder.. It is also difficult to carry around if you are travelling.
- The brusles could be a bit softer on the domebrush. perhaps, had it been softer, it wouldn't do the job that better. No idea. But I would have liked it better.
- Wish these were easily available everywhere.
- The bristle head of the PB14 is too big to place eye shadow in the lower lash line. But you can make do if you are careful.
I am planning to get the flat topped kabuki for foundation. but I already have two Sigma F80s which I proudly brag about.
Do I recommend? Yes I do. Unless you are used to MAC and Sigma and don't look at less than those, you can definitely give this a try. You won't regret.
What's you thought? Get them or pass?