Faces Glam on Lipstick ReviewIf a lipstick could shock me, that would be the Faces Glam on Lipstick in Barely There! No, I have never been afraid of vibrant colors which this is not. I was so glad to see the classy tube and when I opened it, my hear sank in my boots! Wondering why? Take a look at the image!
Yes, it has no color at all! I don't know how to review this actually. Still, recently I started wearing it on top of my lipliners . That way, they in fact turn the liners into a lipstick-like texture on the lips.
A note: This Glam on range lipsticks have a wide selection of colors ranging from this one ( colorless) to black! Yes goths, you read it right. Almost each brand has a Barely There shade which imparts a natural shade say slightly pinkish in case of Lakme . I expected the colorless stick to impart some color on my lips, but that did not happen. A lipstick without colors is for me a chicken soup without chicken. So, I don't know how to react.
Price: 499 for 4 grams.
Let me dig into the likes and dislikes straightaway. Since it has no color, I cannot comment on the pigmentation. But indeed I can comment on the texture etc.
- The package is nice and classy. By that I mean it looks sleek. The steel colored round body has this no mess kind of feeling to it. I like that neatness.
- The lipstick itself smells really good. Like a piece of chocolate. It strongly smells of cocoa butter, but not artificial enough to give you nausea. Still, I would suggest you to check this at the store.
- Stays on the lips for quite some time. I inferred that because I had the wet feeling/wet look on my lips for about 4 hours. Since I really can't see the color, I cannot comment.
- No color for this particular shade. What's the point of getting a lipstick which has no color at all? I would rather get a colorless lipbalm at a fraction of the price.
- Doesn't work like a lip balm either . So doesn't really moisturize to heal chapped lips. But okay to prevent it.
Faces is my recent favorite brand, but I personally feel their Moisture rich lipsticks are way better than these in terms of texture ( don't know about the color) and price as well, even though there is room for improvement for packaging. Moreover, the price is too much. I love Faces for their quality and the right price. But they seem to be entering the price hiking competition which I am not very cool with.
Overall, I am not really very happy with this one and would neither recommend nor repurchase. I would rather stock on the Moisture Rich Lipsticks and The Go Chic Lipsticks which I love.
Disclaimer: Product sent by the brand for consideration. But my views are honest.