I have a kind of love-hate relationship with Maybelline. I love their affordable products. But hate the fact that they sometimes withdraw the best ones or better still, never launch some of the best of the products or the right shades, say the base makeups. While I loved their previous Quads, some of which were darn pigmented, while some were pretty poor, I had pretty high expectation from this quad.
This actually belongs to my sis and I am glad I tried her;s pretty well before spedsing my hard earned money.
First impression: This is a shimmery quad and my fondness for it ended there. I do like shimmers, but rarely wear them. In strong light, the palette looked like a chaos of shimmers.
The product itself is moderately pigmented ( nothing too great though).
I do not want to make an essay out of this. So,
- It is moderately pigmented.
- The texture is soft and blendable.
- The applicator provided is quite good.
- It's too shimmery... kind of chunky shimmers.
- Pricey for the quality.
- Even with a base, it doesn't stay put for more than two hours on my lids. I wonder where the shimmers vanish as well.
Do I recommend it? NO
Shall I purchase/repurchase? Out of question.
What about you? I know most of you have at least one palette of this. How did you like it? Was it really worth the hype? What do you think?