Maybelline Watershine Lipstick, Rose Jam, Broze Strass and Sweet Wine, photo, review, swatches
Hi, today I'm going to post about.. well... something not unfamiliar in the blogoshpere. Yes, it is our good old Maybelline Watershine lipstick. I have been using Maybelline only for about three or four years and I find them soo nice and yet cheap. since you are already familiar with these, let me get into the review
Price: 220 INR
Quantity: 4 gm
Ingredients: It was written in microscopic white letters against the transparent seal. I could not read it.
What the company claims?
Why You’ll Love It
- A splashy wet shine look and brilliant color for yummy looking lips
- Conditioners to keep your lips perfectly moisturized
- A lip smacking treat that glides on like a dream.
DirectionApply your lipstick by starting in the center of your lip. Work from the center to the outer edges of your lip for a gorgeous wet shine finish.
Number of shades available: 8
I have only three of these
Now my take on these.
1) Comes cheap
2) comes in a variety of colors and not necessarily the 'aunty' ones. They have beautiful pinks
3) When freshly applied, it indeed looks watery.
4) When its gone, it leaves a beautiful tint.
5) my lips, although are very dry, doesn't dry up when the lipstick is gone.
6) The fragrance is mild and not overwhelming which again dissolves within a minute or two of application
|L: Rose Jam M: Sweet Wine R: Bronze Strass|
|Swatches in respective order|
What I don't like:
1) Its poor staying power. It goes off/dries up ( I don't know which) completely within an hour on my lips. You can expect it to be 40 min max ( lippies even , glosses for some reason stay on my lips longer than people I have known). But to compensate it, it leaves a beautiful stain and my lips don't feel dry although not lip balmish soft either.
2) The package is soo flimsy. and is cheap to look at or hold. I expect much better from Maybelline.
3) the Color Pay off is too bad. I would rather buy tinted lip balms. Why spend money on these? At first I was so in love with them, but later I realize I shouldn't have been so impulsive about these.
Do I recommend? well if you are a gloss person planning to give lipsticks a try it for you. If you are a lipstick person, stay away.
Shall I repurchase? Hmmph! Tricky. I so love the Rose Jam that I always want it in my collection