Well, to begin with, I do not believe in 'fairness products' because you really cannot cheat your genes. A naturally dark person can never become white and I personally feel 'fairness' products are very racist and a method of marginalizing and bullying dark skinned people, another aspect of colonization. So, be proud to have what you have.
But, I have my own definition of fairness which is blemish free, tan free, bright and radiant skin which is always good to look at and makes head turn. So, I normally stay away from 'fairness' products. but when I was sent this product and decided to give it a try, it really satisfied me because it lived up to my own definition of 'fairness'.
|Himalaya Herbals Fairness face Pack|
Price: 110 INR
Quantity: 100 gm
Ingredients: please enlarge
What it claims
It claims to be rich in antioxidant like turmeric, Aloe Vera , Walnut, kaolin etc. Please enlarge. Above all it woud lighten your skin tone by removing spots
Here is what I think of it
What I like:
1) The first and foremost, it divinely smells of sandalwood paste although it claims to have none. I love the smell like anything and keep sniffing at my fingers. You won't fail to notice it. But nothing nauseating ans smells very natural
2) It is not at all grainy. So, if you already have acne, it should not irritate them. It is smooth and creamy.
3) Brightens my face noticeably. I had an acne whose redness was greatly reduced after I had used this pack. This might be a co-incidence. But I had another little one which actually vanished. So, even though it doesn't claim so, it acts good on acne I think.
4) It doesn't make the skin dry. For oilies or combis like me you might not need a moisturizer, but dry skins might need it.
5) There is no indication of skin type. I being an oily and that it doesn't make the skin dry might makes me assume that this is good for all skin types.
6) Not pricey. Good quantity for the price and you need really a little to cover your entire face.
7) My tan was greatly reduced with two uses.
8) Comes in a tube so hygienic.
9) It is hypoallergic
10) No animal testing which makes it cruelty-free. I know you know what it means. its just a reminder
What I did not like
1) the cap is a bit too easy to open which makes it less travel friendly.
Otherwise I really like this.
Shall I (re) purchase? Yes. I am loving all the face packs from Himalaya herbals. I would use it a few more times to find out if I can officially declare this to be one of my Skin best friends.
Do I recommend? yes. It would remove the tan to a certain extent and keep it in a good condition.
I am not concerned about the fairness factor. The way they have defined how they want to help you attain the 'fairness' is close to my idea of 'fairness'. So, no issues as well
Have you used this? how did you like this?
The product was sent to me by the Company/PR for consideration. That has not affected my review. I myself do not promote 'fairness' products unless it matches with my philosophy of 'fairness'