Chambor Lip DuohSme of you asked me to review the Chambor Lip Duoh.
I wanted sometime before I could do full justice to the cute little things and here they are, the Chambor Lip Douh in Candy Pink
Price: Around 325 ( 1.2 gm of lipstick and 3ml of gloss)
To begin with, since I got these online, little did I know that the name could be so misleading. There is nothing of pink in it, but it's a bright burnt sienna color meaning a light brown shade with strong hue of orange . The overall effect verges somewhere between orange/peach and light milky brown. Since this is not a 'brown' brown, I like it. No regrets.
The first thing you notice is the cuteness of the duoh. They are tiny like the testers of Amway. Never the less, the cases are quite strong and gives you the feel of a nice brand.
Nah.. no more of my blabberings
Let me quote E Browning, '' How do I love the? let me count the ways.'' ( hope my bf is not reading this)
- You get a lipstick and a gloss at the same time.
- The price is not really high and you get two things at one go.
- For those who like me, get bored on the same product too quickly, the miniature size is indeed a boon.
- The color glides on and is quite pigmented. The gloss also moisturizes the lips so nicely!
- The package is awesome. While the lipstick case is not flimsy, the gloss is quite sturdy and the doe-foot applicator is just a boon!
- There are quite a few shades.
- No significant smell etc.
- Don't judge by the size. Since these are pigmented, a little goes a long way.
What did not go great with me.
- I never located these at Chambor counters. I guess because of the price ( on the lower side) for a duoh, they don't keep it or doesn't show it. The SAs have always tried to catch me to sell Chambor lipsticks priced over 500. When I was a makeup novice, I thought the brand is actually too pricey ( because of the same reason).
- The staying power is not at all good. A light snack and it's gone. For me usually lipsticks and even glosses stay put for a long time and I don;t mind reapplication. But these managed to bother me as well. So, an achievement that way.
- 1.2 g for 162 bucks ( did the math) and 162 for 3ml of the gloss is a wee bit pricey IMO. Not that I mind.
- The lipstick on it's own feel dry even though it glides smoothly.
Verdict: Overall I liked it. I could try a gloss and a lipstick at one go without having to be bored with them. I am contemplating the other shades, but I want to avoid browns and maroons completely.
For the ingredients go through this. enlarge to get a better view.
A comparative size study with a full size eye-pencil :P
Shall I repurchase? May be in some other shade because I really don;t but the same shades again.
What about you? Do you think this is worth a try?